Saturday, September 20, 2008

things I like about being home alone

  • the quiet of no TV
  • not inconveniencing someone else if I don't clean up a mess right away
  • not being embarrassed if a burp (or something worse) escapes
  • reading for long stretches
  • naps
  • following my own schedule--or none at all
  • being able to hear myself think
  • not feeling "on"
  • taking my time
  • exercising when I want
  • anticipating them getting home and getting a snack ready for when they hit the kitchen (they're always so grateful!)
  • all the glances out the windows of flowers and trees and hills
I might add to this list if I think of other things later. Or I might just leave it as a bookmark, something to look back at in a few years when Jylle's off at college, and all I have is time by myself at home.

4 comments:

My Life as a MOM said...

Yes! I could add to this list or maybe I'll just start one of my own. Alone time is so necessary isn't it?

Unknown said...

Reading, naps, taking my time, all the wonderful benefits of time alone. Doesn't happen often at our house but it's great when it does. I also love whipping up something 'gourmet' for lunch for just me since no one else appreciates it!

Unknown said...

what i make time for when i get that precious little time alone at home is a cup of tea and a brief commune with God. it's not long but it's satisfying. looking forward to the longer times but don't want to rush these days away with wishing. glad for the look inside.

Unknown said...

ANY alone time is precious these days doesn't matter WHAT I'm doing. I'm very much looking foreward to the time when my husband and I have all kinds of disposable time together.