Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lunch With Jamara

I had lunch with "Mawa" the other day. I was with her for about five hours, and I marveled afterward at how I could've easily spent another five. She got me caught up on all the family fronts and her condition, Adult Stills. That she could go through all the physical and emotional struggle she faces and still be SO up, so full of hope and joy and expectation is nothing short of the miracle of His life in her. I love her perfume--it is the fragrance of Christ. My insides are all warmed and hugged up by the time I leave her company, even if I arrived a first class case of snarky. I think she got that gift from her precious mama. Isn't she beautiful?


She sits on a booster chair to make it easier to get up because her knees are swollen and painful. Isn't she adorable?

She offered me some gum, and I thought she'd pull out a stick. She pulled out a pack, then another and another and another until she'd pulled out seven! She had an eighth, but she gave that one away. "I'm trying to find my favorite gum." Isn't she interesting?

The padding on her crutches has become molded to fit each particular arm shape, so she labeled them left and right. She's going to back over the lettering with fingernail polish to make it pretty and permanent. Isn't she clever?

I love this little girl. She's been through so freakin' much, and she still stands strong and brilliant and inspiring. I wish I had half the life in me that she does. So much goodness, kindness, intelligence, laughter, joy, and love. Abba, please heal her body. Touch her and make her body healthy again. I know You can. Please want to.

No comments: