Tuesday, September 23, 2008

next time

Next time I would like:
  • the same people to not take up so much of the time talking and be glad not to. We all have stories; let's share the time more evenly.
  • the quieter people to be noticed and asked questions. I'd like to hear from them too.
  • more summaries and less detail in the interest of brevity.
  • you to skip ahead if we tell you we already know the preface of this story. We don't need to hear it again unless you're adding something to it that we didn't already hear the first time.
  • to not wash the dishes as many times as I did.
  • to not care that I washed the dishes as many times as I did.
  • everyone to think these are reasonable thoughts too and not be offended.
  • to be brave and wise and discerning enough to know if/when to bring these things up in person because for now I'm not, which is why I saved this so long as a draft and am only publishing it plenty after the actual event. Yep, totally coward. Judge on.

No comments: