Wednesday, September 10, 2008

in my head

I can't believe you felt like that! I just started laughing! You were belovedly honest and vulnerable, and oh my goodness--I was so surprised, and then I felt kinda wicked for being wanted & missed! I mean, no one goes around telling you stuff like that, right?! =) There was this Are you serious?! You want me?! Cool!

But don't worry--I got over it. I'll never put expectations on you. Freely given, freely received.

Silly girl...... I could never not think of you--I still, probably always will, have you in my head. Spotting your sweet face, especially if it's unexpected, can still make me forget my own name. If I had a tail, it would wag my butt off. Seriously though, I pray for you, and of course He keeps close to the heart the ones we pray for.

When I pick up a book to read, I wonder what you're reading, if anything has made you laugh or hugged your insides or convicted you. Ten times/day I see the rock wall and all the plants you gave me, and I'm thankful for you as I remember that day we walked around your yard and talked while you dug. When I'm unloving and unlovely, I want to be better than my smallness, and I think of you saying that the bottom line is loving God and loving others. My thoughts of late are turned to living life fully, the way that's possible, and everyday I think of the quote you read to me from Saint Iraneus, "The glory of God is man fully alive."

It is one of the most difficult things I had to get used to was being so removed from everyone. You & I had a good thing going, didn't we..... I'm grateful for your love, and I love you right back.

So yep, you're definitely right here with me. Sweeeeet. mmWAH!

1 comment:

Cheryl Stillar said...

Every friend of yours is hoping this is directed to them. You are the aroma of Jesus in too many lives. Bless your little heart. If I live to be a hundred I will not possess the passion you have for your loved ones. It is one of the things I covet about you. Honest to goodness (where DID we get that phrase?!?) you are a delight!!! Honored to be your friend.