Monday, September 15, 2008

overheard at a wedding

Overheard at Ella and Kyle's wedding this weekend:
  • You're Karl's mom... Oh, Kyle--I've been doing that all day long.
  • She should just ditch him. [Not about Ella & Kyle]
  • It's so isolated out here. [a commune 40 minutes from here & we're already in the boons]
  • Just get a damn wedding ring. [Again, not Ella & Kyle]
  • Does Kyle have a big fat earring, or is the hole actually that big?
  • [Pastor during ceremony] "...someone who will help me not screw up..."
  • Does God say 'screw'?
  • You speak English really well. [Korean girl born & raised in the U.S. & doesn't speak Korean]
  • He looks so happy, like he just swallowed a cat.
  • Water--or--champagne? Nothing in-between?
  • My heels squish in like two inches. I look like a professional aeration service.
  • That's the biggest wonkin' vine I've ever seen in my life.
  • I think she's got your shades... Yeah, those really look like your shades.
  • There's enough salmon here to fill a whale.
  • That baby looks delicious.












[Pics from my cell phone, so they're kinda lame, but they're all I have for now.]

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love eavesdropping! I'm sure it's not a virtue, but I hear FUNNY stuff way too often to quit! Pretty cake.

Unknown said...

fun to listen in on others comments isn't it? they're so random. love the cake. i don't imagine that God says 'screw' but i also don't imagine Him getting all cranky about its use either. and i like delicious babies. smoochy!

annie.michele said...

These are priceless! I can sooo relate to the heels comment...when Kerri got married, we took professional pictures on a golf green and I (being the smart bridesmaid) removed my heels but the rest of them aerated the green. that's an expensive mistake.

And yes, God says 'screw'. That is a fact.