Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fox News Bullets

I can't believe the news links at the Fox New site yesterday. They're so weird!
  • 'Big Bang Machine' Successfully Completes First Test
  • California Community Outraged by Police Shootings of Unarmed Homeless Man
  • Airline to Passenger: Sorry, We've Lost Your Wife's Body
  • Parents Sue Crocs After Child's Foot Is Maimed in Escalator
  • Texas Man Kills Intruder With Intruder's Own Gun
  • Mom Forced 3 Murdered Daughters to Drink Toilet Cleaner
  • Baby With 8 Broken Ribs Dies After Social Workers Leave Him With Abusive Parents
  • Mom Runs Over Her 8-Year-Old Child in California Driveway
  • Cops: Wrestler Ric Flair Beat Up by Daughter's Boyfriend
  • Virginia Dad Drowns Saving Disabled Son From Septic Tank
  • Son Spots Dad on TV, 5 Years After Family 'Cremated' Him
There's only one item up there that doesn't give me the creeps. I couldn't make up stuff that sounds this terrible! My Kevin is a news junkie; he could read the entire newspaper and then watch or listen to news all night. It bums me out seriously to hear more than a half hour's worth. THIS stuff makes me want to run far, far away!

5 comments:

Cheryl Stillar said...

So tell me it was item #1 that DID not give you the creeps, please.

Meals With Marscellia said...

My husband does the same thing. It used to bother me to hear the TV on so much especially with the kids around. Now I find something else for them to do as much as I can and try to be thankful for my loving husband!

Unknown said...

Yeah, what's the one thing?

Unknown said...

We have friends who knew that VA dad. They said he was the greatest guy and this was exactly something he would have done. At least there is some noble news once in a while I guess.

Cyndi Mulligan said...

Oh wow, you guys are funny! It was the Big Bang one. When I read that one and it said something about its purpose being to better understand the creation of the universe, I thought God's gonna be saying, "Gabriel, Michael, come watch this... aren't they cute when they're trying to be all smartsy?"

Yeah, so that didn't creep me out at all. That one made me laugh at how ridiculous we humans are--even at our smartest. Thanks for asking!