Tuesday, August 12, 2008

tomatoes




No one poses their tomatoes this many times, right? But we LOVE our tomatoes. I know they make some people gag and pass out at the thought, but we LOVE our tomatoes. This is officially the second year that I've ever had them ripen on the vine, and they cannot produce enough for us! Jylle & I would each eat a heaping bowl of these every single day. There is nothing like a homegrown tomato--nothing.

Last year it was one plant, just to try "yet one more time to ripen these buggas." This year it's six, and they still can't keep up. Next year maybe I'll till a whole field. Heck, let's use these 50 acres!

Thank You, Lord, for the simple delight of a beautiful, ripened, homegrown tomato. Nicely done.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We share the love! I have heirloom tomatoes, orange and yellow, pear-shaped, and zebra! Go, to-ma-to!

Unknown said...

Great photos! Love the silver bowl too!

hollylolly said...

What kind of camera do you use? I'm looking for a new one.