Thursday, August 21, 2008

Banks Lake

We went to Banks Lake for a few days and brought along a friend each for Ryan & Jylle. Apart from the mosquitoes, the snotty neighbor, the $112 ticket we got for letting the boys ride in the boat on the road back, the biblical storm, and the haze from the nearby burning town, it was great! The water was perfect, the cliffs were all heights to jump from, the friends from Seattle were fantastic company, there were showers and a volleyball court, and we all stayed safe & happy. No more to want from a vacation! We laughed so much. I love that part. I learned more about these people and even a little about myself. I'll share that sometime if it's still interesting by then.

Kev's favorite view

Kaylee & Jylle, beautiful in clay

Captains Awesome!


Sugar for the Camera

I pretty much passed out on the way home. Didn't even remember dropping off Kaylee. My hip hurts from the flat mattress, we all have hundreds of mosquito bites, I can't find the kitchen counters for the stuff we have to put away, there's sand in every container & clay in my swimsuit, we're three days behind in work that needs to be done before school starts........ and I wouldn't change a thing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like you had a good time! mosquitoes can be the bane of a vacation and law enforcement can be unreasonable. good for you that you had a great time anyway!

annie.michele said...

SKEETERS! I still have sand in my iPod headphones from Cannon Beach a month and a half ago.

But where are the pictures of YOOOOU??