Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Chinese air

Jay Leno said that Beijing is the Chinese word for "emphysema." I cannot believe all those athletes are expected to put forth their most brilliant performances in a city whose air is so toxic that it's consistently among the 16 of the 20 cities with the world's worst air quality. Seems way healthier to happen to be an indoor competitor in this case! Those volleyball and tennis players have to play outside. I understand they're new-fangled, ventilated arenas, but it's still outside. I wonder if their own moms are as concerned as I am...
Technorati Tags: , , ,

2 comments:

annie.michele said...

I must applaud you for being the only one of my friends who takes so many pictures of food. You are right about being the only one to pose it, too. ;)

CYNDI, I miss you. Next time i go to Cali you can come with me, and tell everyone firsthand that ANNIE LIKES US BETTER.

hollylolly said...

Funny guy! Seriously though I've read that the air in L.A. is as bad or worse than Beijing's. I don't know that the athletes are better off because of that, but at least it's not like they're breathing chunks of air! ;)