Monday, August 04, 2008

chocolate


I don't know what it is about chocolate that makes me goofy, and it might not even be chocolate itself. I have to own some. I can go weeks without eating it, but I have to have some in the house. I like to give it away, set it out to be eaten, make pretty desserts out of it, but I don't have to eat it. UNTIL I don't have any. I can have ten pounds of it at home, but if we go on a long trip and I don't have any in the car, I have to stop at the next store and get me some. It's some kind of internal pacifier, but I don't know why! I don't know... maybe it's knowing that it's so highly prized and thoroughly enjoyable when I do want some. Maybe it's symbolic of something safe, simple, and good...

Guess as long as it doesn't hurt anyone, and I'm not diagnosable because of it, and mostly that Lord's not telling me it's something that's got to go, I'll just let it be whatever it is...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hoarders do this, but to an extreme. They don't use the stuff, they just want to keep it and keep on keeping it. You're fine. It's not an obsession or a compulsion, but if it's something that's interfering at all with your communion with the Lord, pursue it with Him. He'll give you insight and direction.