Saturday, August 23, 2008

ryan

I just found out that Ryan's spiritual gift is prophecy! I use an exclamation point because it was the kind of revelation that t-bones you right into reality. Being so very STP, when it hit me, I was like, "OF COURSE!" He senses God's promptings way more readily than most of us, interprets the Word accurately and effectively, has this confidence in conversations involving Scripture, and truth matters above all. Our friend, the youth pastor's wife, had some wise advice for him. She said to keep exhorting people to gain wisdom, knowledge, and truth, but remember to love them. Great words. I've reminded him of that on several key occasions, and he's thanked me for it. I pray he keeps that desire for balance.

1 comment:

Meals With Marscellia said...

Prophets have been some of my most troubling and inspiring friends. God uses these gifts He gives us for His glory, and I know He will do that in your son's life.