Sunday, August 10, 2008

boiled frog

I went to drain the hot tub and was startled to see this boiled frog at the bottom. Tree frogs like to perch on the rim under the lid, and it's not uncommon to be greeted by their little turds on the cup holders (bleeecchhh). This is the first time we've "lost" one though.

The whole notion of the boiled frog makes me think of our country and how we're the proverbial frog. We sit in the pot while the water around us gets hotter and more dangerous, but we don't change. We keep "marinating" while things get worse, and soon we'll go the way of froggy here.

Makes me want to do something, but I don't know exactly what. I keep bringing it to Him, and we talk about it. Ultimately it keeps coming back to "Love Me, and love the ones I bring to you." I greatly underestimate the power of His love. I'm sorry for that, but it's something we're working on. "The Power of Love." Think I'll go listen to some inspiring music now.

1 comment:

My Life as a MOM said...

I know what you mean about sitting there while everything in our neighborhoods, our country and our world gets worse. We pray for revival in our Bible study, and I pray in my quiet time that it begins with me.