Friday, August 29, 2008

21st Century Presence

I'm a member of the Wikipedia community. Only because whenever I looked up stuff there, my copy editor personality reared herself up and flexed against the spelling and grammatical errors that simply did not have to be there. Having only to register and check the little box that said, "This is only a minor edit," I was free to correct anything I wanted to my heart's content! Glorious!

The only restraint I seem to have come up against is not being free to edit comments in discussions signed by contributors. Despite the blatant errors that could so easily be corrected, they are to remain as-is. Weird how they'd want their erroneous contributions to remain untouched, but such is the case, at least according to the Wiki powers-that-be.

Fine. Be wrong. This is America. It's your right. Just know that I'll be making fun of you and judging you. And I'm not the only one.
.. Use the freakin' spell check button for pete's sake...

No comments: