Wednesday, November 05, 2008

secession

I want to secede. As a kid, I remember Spokane had a mayor with an idea he proffered that I thought was loony--form an entirely different state from Eastern Washington, the Idaho panhandle, and Eastern Montana. As an adult, I came to see the sense it made. The results of this election have only cemented the idea now.  Thanks to the west side, we still have a governor who's done nothing for our own personal economy, a trend begun by Gary Locke, we're now the second state to approve assisted suicide, and now taxpayers will bear the burden of training caregivers. OH--MY--GOODNESS!

Lord, You love to work inside of what looks to us like a kind of big ol' Rubik's cube--a twisted, mixed-up tangle of bad news. Good thing You know what to do with us!

1 comment:

annie.michele said...

I'm so glad i make you laugh, even if it makes Kev's life a little bit more difficult. I mean, what the heck am I here for...

And I'm sorry you have a bruise on your butt. Something to remember me by?