Thursday, November 20, 2008

morning giggles

I drove the kids to school this morning. When Jylle's friend, Catherine, opened her door to get out, she said, "My skirt was stuck in the door. It's all dragging and cold..... That's awesome." She went to get out and when she stood up, the elastic waistband of her skirt was stretched bigtime down her hip because the hem of it was stuck fast between the seat and her backpack. The look on her face was priceless, like "What the heck... Oh. I'm such a dork." She just smiled and said, "You should just take me back home, put me out of my misery..."

That little scene has launched me into laughter and giggles all morning. It's one of those "had to be there" things I just had to write down so that I can giggle again when I reread this in some distant future. Thank You, Lord, for the simple, wide open gift of laughter. XO

No comments: