Saturday, October 11, 2008

no sissy poem

Tired of those saccharin friendship poems mass emailed to your inbox? This one's different. Just the raw truth about  awesome friendshipdom! Kinda crude in a couple places, but it suits my current mood (don't judge me). I don't know who wrote it.


When you are sad, I will jump on the person who made you sad like a spider monkey jacked up on Mountain Dew!

When you are blue, I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

When you smile, I know you are plotting something that I must be involved in.

When you're scared, we will high tail it out of here.

When you are worried, I will tell you horrible stories about how much worse it could be until you quit whining, ya big baby.

When you are confused, I will use little words.
 
When you are sick, stay away from me until you are well again. I don't want whatever you have.
 
When you fall, I'll pick you up and dust you off. Right after I finish laughing my butt off.

Friendship is like wetting your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

2 comments:

Cheryl Stillar said...

There is a new show advertised with Christian Slater where he has two lives he lives and only one knows the other exists. Kind of like a split personality. I'm pretty sure that you wrote this when you were in your other personality. It sounds very much like you. Would have been my first guess if you had put it out there that way. ie: Any guesses who wrote this? I loved it. Thanks for the joy!

annie.michele said...

So the 'laughing my butt off' thing is SO ME, guilty on all parts, yes ma'am.

I agree with Mama. Loved it.