Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Josiah-isms

I watched our youth pastor's son this last weekend, and I always look forward to youth conference for this very reason. They take my teenager, and I take their toddler. He's like his father, just naturally funny. The following will mean almost nothing to anyone but me because I was there with the little voice, facial expressions, and gestures. I just wanted to remember some of it here.

Me: Make sure you don't pet the cat on his tummy because he doesn't like his tummy touched, k?

Josiah: (shocked) I like MY tummy touched!

==================

My cousin has the movie "Chihuahua," but that's stupid... Stupid is a bad word, so I forgot.

==================

(With wet pants after his nap) "I forgot to go potty." (I think he was afraid the dogs were in the house. There was a small wet spot right inside the bedroom door... )

==================

Do you... do you think... do you... do you, can you... Never mind.

==================

Do chee, cheepy yong chuppy in da safe, chooyong, speakin' Chinese, speakin' Chinese!

==================

Me: What do you call my Jylle? (His baby sister is named after her.)

J: Big Jylle. But she likes "Fat Jylle."

Me: Who's the fattest person you know?

J: Jay Mitchell! [A man who is not at ALL fat!]

Me: Who's the tallest person you know?

J: Guido! [He's the smaller of our two dogs!]

Me: Is your mommy your best friend?

J: Yeah, but you're my bestest.

I do so adore this precious little boy. He makes me laugh, cry, pray, and enjoy the adventure of a walk through the woods. I saw again the wonders of "a beaver hole" (ground squirrel), "cool light sabers" (sticks), the thrill of climbing up and jumping off a log, and one really good, accessorized Lego hero-man. I make things so complicated. Thank You for little eyes to see the truly big things.

No comments: