Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008




Notes:
  • "Bill" is Ryan's college roommate. He chose this American name when he was 12 because he liked Bill Nye the Science Guy. He was a wonderful guest, and we had a lot of fun with him.
  • Zeb, aka "my youngest son," hung out for 24 hours, including most of Thanksgiving Day. It was fantastic.
  • When I asked Ryan if there was a food he'd like me to make for when he came home, chocolate mousse is what he really wanted.
  • Jyllea was vacuuming the stairs, and it fell and hit her in the face. Urgent Care put a liquid bandage on it, and it made her look like she had a runny nose. It swelled too.
  • I used a flour sack towel as a splash guard while whipping cream, and the beaters ate it the moment I stopped paying attention.
  • Bill shot a gun for the first time ever, and clearly his instructors were ace because he hit the bullseye more than once! =)
With two Thanksgiving days/dinners this year, gratitude was a theme that was in the forefront of our thoughts more than usual. It was a pleasure.

I miss my family the most right after I've seen them. I want to be thankful for whatever time we have together. Having attended a funeral on Friday for a man killed in a car accident, this desire is more pressing than ever. Kev took the boys back to college yesterday. He drove them there and turned around and drove home, seven hours each way. I'm extremely thankful for their safety!

Thank You, Lord, for this past week. Help me to keep a thankful mind heading into the rush and press that the Christmas season can bring.

1 comment:

annie.michele said...

Oh my gosh, the beaters ate the towel. That made me laugh. (Of course that would, right...)

I love your stories. The things you remember. =) We need to go into business.