Tuesday, December 02, 2008

lookin' for a little relief

I wrote once about my new bff, black cohosh, and the merciful relief it brought for my hot flashes. It's been six months, and they're back, so I bought another bottle. I don't know if it's the different brand or my body reacting differently, but not only does it not help, but it gives me a headache that lasts about 12 hours. Being STP, it took about four headaches for me to realize the whole cause and effect thang. Bugga...

It's been about a month and a half now, and I haven't wanted to shell out for Estraven, not this close to Christmas. I'm trying to ride it out, and I don't know just how hillbilly it is to have a little fan on my nightstand to switch on for the night flashes. I do know that I LOVE living in the toolies because whenever one comes on that's particularly broiling, I strip off my sweatpants, immediately cool off a thousand degrees, and go on about my business until I'm ready to put 'em back on. I'll spare you a picture. I love that my doggies could care less.


They don't care, right...?


1 comment:

annie.michele said...

You run around in your undies too!! I knew it. We must be sisters.