Tuesday, December 23, 2008

new sport

I went snow shoeing today--it was great! I thought I'd like it, but just wanted to try it first, so Kev borrowed a pair from friends, and I took off for a short trek. I knew it'd be a different kind of exercise, and sure enough, my hips felt the new, awkward action of lifting my legs that high over and over. I didn't expect to feel it by only the tenth step, but whatever. I hung in there and just kept a decent pace so I wouldn't have a heart attack. I forgot to bring my cell phone, and I've never wanted to die in the woods all alone. Well, I had Guido with me, but he'd abandon me in a heartbeat for a good deer chasing.

We're going to a pawn shop this afternoon, and I have this feeling that Kev will look for a pair of snow shoes for me. He's like that. If he thinks it'd make me happy, get me outdoors, and it doesn't call for a second mortgage, he's in. Not to say that he wouldn't take out a second for something I just "had to have" though. He's like that too.

No comments: