Tuesday, June 03, 2008

every day this week

There is something going on every single day this week as it leads up to Ryan's graduation this Saturday. Poor guy is exhausted! He was up until 4 a.m. Fri & Sat nights, 2 on Sunday night, and he's still hauling it toward the finish line with a pencil in one hand, an essay in the other, and a cell phone between his teeth.

Meanwhile, I've been making grad preparations for announcements, two parties, and all the (ah, yuck) work in & around the house that "must" be done for guests. The most fun has been putting together the PowerPoint that we'll loop during party #1, the one for friends. Reliving the moments of his babyhood and seeing him grow slide by slide--there must be some laser accurate words I can't think of to describe what it feels like for time to have moved so seemingly slow in the moments of those years--but at the speed of light in my right-now.



Baccalaureate is tonight. The grads wear their gowns, and Ryan is speaking, although he hadn't written the speech as of this morning when he walked out the door. The Senior Tea is tomorrow, and I'm doing all the shopping on Thursday.

Friday is the first party, the biggie I always get so stressed about because I can't plan a shindig to save my life. I see the trees, not the forest, so there are all these great little details I've worked out in my mind, but no one from the committee in my head has a clue about how to summon them all together to make a lovely gathering. But whatever, it'll all happen, and it'll be fine. My friends, Sandy and Debbie, will be there, and they can throw a party like nobody's business. God will probably put them in charge of the wedding feast. Yeah, so there, worries-that-haunt-my-peace!

I should be cleaning something instead of feeding my blog addiction. Off to don my French maid outfit and wield my feather duster. Minus the outfit.

No comments: