Tuesday, April 15, 2008

chemo day!

Going with Sandy to her 3rd chemo appt today


stopping at Clayton for a Glacier (took another
try to get mine right, but the gal was sweet...)

"Now why are you taking pictures...?"

destination:


the now customary chemo luggage, stylish I must say,
with the large pink bag AND the Maggie Bag!

coffee remains...


Glenice makes a surprise visit! (Sue, RN, took our picture.)

Glenice had a flat tire when we came out of the bldg, so we took her to Alton's across the street to see if they had a portable compressor she could borrow, but no. She changed the tire, then we followed her to Les Schwab on N. Division & dropped off her car, where we all three proceeded to Wal-Mart.

My camera batteries were low, and the spares were spent, too, so the rest of the trip after this went undocumented. Glenice bought a foot-long at the Wal-Mart Subway & had it cut into three parts, which was a perfect lunch! What a perfect sweetheart, that girl! THANK YOU for the red onions!!!

Sandy & I went on to Fred Meyer, then to Viv's Hair Care in DP to see if they could fix her fried wig, but it was closed. At least she has their number in her cell now so she can call ahead.

I found out:
  • Sandy & I have similar shopping styles & values.
  • Glenice is a must-have for a good time and well-defined smile muscles.
  • There is nothing I do not love about Sandy. She is a true hero in my life, and the fact that she cannot see how on earth she can be that only further endears her to me.
  • People involved in cancer care are the most approachable, gracious, and real souls you'll ever meet, and I wonder how it would be if we all lived as if we had cancer...
Thank you, Dan & Sandy, for this day. I will never forget it, and I will treasure it as a day of fun, blessing, learning, and loving--simply and true-ly.
XO

1 comment:

Ya-Ya Connection said...

I had a wonderful day too. What a pleasure to spend it with 2 Godly ladies. Oh what smiles are posted on the memory file.