Monday, February 02, 2009

a Stone's throw away...

Our pastor's sermon yesterday built up to the announcement of his resignation. It's a long story (a whole sermon's worth), but now we're all praying to be receptive and obedient to wherever the Lord leads in all this. Almost everything is up in the air. They don't know how they're going to pay the bills or even where they're going to live, except that they're going to Dan's hometown (about an hour and a half or so from here) where he'll help his 73 y/o dad on the farm. The exact date he'll resign is still undetermined, but I hear it could be around spring break.

Dan teared up and even fought a full-on cry a couple of times, and I was holding up just fine--until Sandy took the mic. Her broken voice shattered whatever composure I'd mustered up to that point. The entire congregation was one in this. She is the dearest thing, and I will miss her from that place inside me where everything is good and sweet and true. Just knowing she will not be in the same town makes me ache down to my marrow.

Hugging her, holding her, looking into her watery, hazel eyes, I refused to consider that she will be less a part of my life. I might call her more now. We have facebook. And it's only an hour and a half, right? Maybe less if Kev drives... Mentally I list the good and potential good things about this for them. Our only-good God is holding them fast and sure and wisely. Trust Him, Cyndi, trust Him. Look forward to what He is working.

God is good ALL THE TIME.

All the time GOD IS GOOD.

1 comment:

Cheryl Stillar said...

I am so sorry you are losing another friend to the miles. And a pastor as well! This will be big adjustment stuff and I will pray with you.