Tuesday, February 10, 2009

the committee strikes again... and again

I was grocery shopping the other day, and I was in the produce department. I stood waiting for a grandma who scanned and picked, scanned and picked. When it was my turn, I did the same thing, scan and pick, scan and pick. It was in the scanning that I 'heard' my thoughts. I wonder if she picked some of the ones I would've picked if I'd gotten here before her. I wonder how clean her hands were. I wonder if anyone's sneezed around these apples. Gross. I hate it when people don't sneeze courteously. They should provide dentist gloves for people to wear when we pick produce. I am so washing these as soon as I get home. That's it. I don't want to touch any more of these.

The committee was at it again.

There's a man who sells buffalo jerky along the highway sometimes. He sets up signs so you can anticipate his stand as you drive along and get closer. There's a table, an umbrella, and an old truck with a canopy. Where does he get buffalo meat? Does he raise them? Does he smoke it himself? How much is it? He never posts that. Must be expensive if he doesn't advertise the price. Is this his only job? He's kind of oldish. Maybe he just does it for extra money. What if this is his only source of income? I wonder if he has a wife to support. I wonder if she helps him make it. What would he put on a job application under Experience? "Buffalo Jerky Vendor." A jerky clerky. That kind of doesn't work. But it was amusing.

Some days they're noisier than others.

My dog was sleeping, and he started having doggy dreams. His legs started kicking, and he made these little whiny whimpers. What's he dreaming about? Running? Chasing something? What's he chasing? He better not be chasing deer. Dogs get shot for doing that. Turkeys. They started running after some turkeys on my walk the other day. They better not be doing that either. I think they can get shot for that too. I wonder if turkeys have ticks. Yuck. How far do they go anyway? I've had to whistle and whistle to get them to come home these last few days. Bad dogs. Why can't they just stay around here? Kev said he was going to get an invisible fence. I can't wait to see them get shocked when they first run into it! Oh, but I don't want them to suffer, just stay home. I don't want them chasing anything.

"Hey, wake up!"

1 comment:

Ya-Ya Connection said...

So as I was ruminating on your thoughts I had my own. How many could we acutally caluculate one has in a day and then more ir they interact with another besides all the outside stimulus. I always love the last verse in John.
"And there are also many other things that Jesus did, which if they were written one by one, "I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that would be written. AMEN
HEy, how was Kev's experience?