Thursday, May 15, 2008

humbled


I received this gift from a friend, and I was shocked. Not because I don't love her back, but because I would've thought she had at least one friend closer to her heart than me. At first, I thought She must mean this in a general way, like "You're one of my best friends." I even considered that she must not get out much so she must not have much to pick from. Truly, not false humility, but quick mental research into the validity of, to me, such a bold statement. The more I thought about it though, the more I thought Just give it to Him. The best friendness we love is the stuff of Him that pours into us. Let her love the embraces of our Abba that she gets from you.

It's an awesome thing to be spent by Him (and I only and always ever use that word in its original meaning: Something inspiring awe; remarkable; outstanding). To be used in a divine equation, for a glorifying occasion... Jesus used mud to open blind eyes; He can use me to hug a friend's insides.

No comments: