Tuesday, March 11, 2008

the high places

I came across this phrase in Amos 4:13 and looked it up in different translations.

NIV: [He] treads the high places of the earth

Young's Literal: [He] is treading on high places of earth

Message: He strides across the alpine ridges.

NASB: [He] treads on the high places of the earth


The Lord walks upon the high places. He goes about up there, powerfully, full of glory, at will, in all His full blown splendor. He created them, they are of Him. They are a holy place where He is worshiped. What a horrible dishonor He puts up with when there is rubble and flotsam and dung where only holiness belongs. Your unearthly patience and tenderness compel me to do serious hasmat cleanup. What swollen shame to make and keep idols there, to blacken His holy places.

I want nothing, absolutely nothing, to dishonor You in my high places. I want there to be snow white purity and childlike exhibition in my worship on these high places.


"Clear me from hidden and unconscious faults.
Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over me! Then shall I be blameless, and I shall be innocent
and clear of great transgression. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my firm, impenetrable Rock and my Redeemer." ~Ps. 19:12b-14 (Amp)

No comments: