Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hillary

I don't hate Hillary Clinton. I get the impression from a lot of evangelicals that they hate her. That's just not okay. As much as I hate the idea of her being in the most powerful position in the world because I disagree whole-heartedly with pretty much every idea she's put out there, I do not hate her. I do one of those puppy head tilt things at the notion of hating someone I've never met because their proposed methods of taking this country forward are polar opposite mine. It doesn't even seem like hate should be part of our vocabulary in this context if we truly believe what the Word commands: Love your neighbor as yourself.

[Aside: Now Bin Laden is a another story... can't seem to make the ol' brain and heart meet on that one since his single-minded vision is to see my loved ones and all the rest of us "infidels" dead-dead-dead, martyred children in the wake. I cannot reconcile on that one...]

1 comment:

annie.michele said...

You are so funny -- I just love you! My boss asked me yesterday if I'm liberal or conservative, and I said "I'm ignorant." -- Truly I haven't given politics much thought, but I read your post and thought to myself "I agree!" - so thanks for helping me settle into a camp. =) Kinda. I still don't know what I am, so I'll call myself a Tweener.

Thanks for the compliments re: Mexico pix. We had so much fun. I never do get around to actually printing anything so the least I can do is post them online. =) My coworkers say I need to offer them to istock to be sold...but then I'd have to get model releases from people...which would be fun...Anyhow...