Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's Nice to Be Us...


We did something kind of different yesterday, five of us Ya-Yas. We accompanied Cheryl to a hair appt and two doctor thingies. While Tina and I waited through her fake haircut, Tina sat in the other salon seat where I massaged her scalp with my fingernails. Then it was my turn, and she gave me this fabulous neck and shoulder payback--eeYUM! Tina was captivated by the antique books and relics in the hutch. I like when her childlike earnestness draws me into her world. Lunch was traumatic for me, and I was genuinely grateful to be surrounded by friends who cared enough to invest time and heart in settling me back down. [I forgive your bad attitude, you cranky cashier.]

I do agree that it’s probably easier to be heartless, but He made me sensitive, so this is my cup. Fortunately, He drank first, and He took it in hot and full so that I wouldn’t get burned.

The art we saw at Annie’s work place was so interesting--a destination spot all by itself! Thank you for the sweet welcome and for the personal tour! You are one beauty-full chica! Wishing you standing O's on your show, too!

I noticed that we get looks everywhere we go—the doctor’s office, library, restaurants, just everywhere. It must be fairly unusual for five women to go places together. It begins with noticing two of us, usually in front, and then a scan that takes in the other three, and then the realization that we are all together.

And yeah, we ARE altogether lovely!

I miss you the most when we say goodbye. XO



No comments: