Thursday, January 04, 2007

tipped tree

Bettie Boo will be home for two more days, then flies back to USAFA on Sunday. He got extra days this Christmas break, but of course, it doesn't seem any longer. Makes me cry just thinking about him leaving again. Will it ever not hurt to say goodbye...?

The Christmas tree tipped over, and my two new ornaments broke--the teapot from Kim and the Starbucks cup (the twin to Anita's). It was such a bummer. And Kev got all kinds of needles in his salad! He kept saying he was sorry when the Starbucks ornament broke, but it wasn't his fault--it just happened! Such a willingness to apologize... he knew how much I liked it. I glued it back together, but there's a hole the size of a nickel in the side, and the whole thing's only 2" high to begin with. It's a clumsy illustration of how my heart feels never quite whole with Brett away from home.


No comments: