Thursday, April 07, 2011

I thought it was true.

The twenty-four elders (the members of the heavenly Sanhedrin) fall prostrate before Him Who is sitting on the throne, and they worship Him Who lives forever and ever; and they throw down their crowns before the throne (Rev 4:10).

Whenever I heard mention of a heavenly crown, there was also the statement that we would take our bejeweled crowns and cast them at Jesus' feet. It wasn't until today that I read this verse and realized that that's not necessarily true.  It's the 24 elders who will throw down their crowns.  We might cast our crowns as well, but it doesn't say.

Every once in a while I'm re-fascinated by how much we accept as truth because we've heard it so often. That makes me shiver as history repeats itself...

Did you grow up believing that there were three--count 'em three--wise men?

Do you have a Nativity set with an American-type barn instead of a cave?

And there's the thing about the Rapture and the Second Coming that's still not clear to me. I know they're different, but I can't seem to get them to gel.

I'm going to go get some pie. I need some pie.

No comments: