Friday, January 25, 2008

worship

What must worship be like in Heaven? I wonder if it's going to be vitally, organically different since we will be different. I wonder why I don't know what it will entail, what it'll feel like, what I'll do to be worshiping Him in a world where Time is not experienced like it is here.

I wonder if it's so different that it'd be like trying to explain to a goldfish how to barrel race. Or skydive. Or paint like Monet. Or understand how joy makes us weep. Its imagination is too minuscule. And it lacks the soul space to deal with the depth and width and height of it all.

I wonder if worship there is so exquisite, so perfect, that it would break my heart to know. And my Abba could not do that to me. It must be the most caring and tender thing for Him to do, to have me to wait here and anticipate the participation in a glory that I glimpse now from the stadium of my soul.

I'm fine with being a goldfish, honestly. It's still wondrous to consider though. "I can only imagine."

No comments: