Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Senior Week


Monday, May 30, 2005, was Memorial Day, so no school. Brett won first in the 800m at districts the week before, passing four runners in the home stretch for a PR and a berth at state (at EWU). I don’t think he’s in the house right now. I think he went for a run...

Tuesday, May 31: SENIOR AWARDS NIGHT. It was weird to see Brett stand up for honor after honor. It culminated in his acceptance of the Academy scholarship, presented by USAF Reserve Major Laine Wyrick. His name had been announced so often that when the presenter stood to present the AF Math/Science award, she said, “All together, now...” and everyone sing-sang in unison, “… Brett Mulligan…” He was a little embarrassed about it, which I found out when I commented on how eagerly he clapped for everyone. He said, “I thought I’d better!

No comments: