Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Running...

The hound of rejection still lurks and occasionally even howls. Not rejection of me, but of someone whose company I seem to really enjoy when I'm with her! I can't figure it out except to assume that the enemy keeps persevering, expecting victory when I grow too weak to fight. If I face it, bark back the truth, and tell it to scram, chances are that'll be effective enough that I'll be able to go ahead and schedule another visit...

Sometimes I think that striking the balance between sanity and social obligation is a winged creature, flitting and silent, but originating from something core inside me so that I am tied to it unrelentingly. Somehow this is a Good thing. Did I mean God thing...? Maybe... He, too, takes on features of wings, silence, and a going in & out of focus, not to mention being ruthlessly tied to my core insides.

I run
and I reason.
In
and out of season.
I blink
and I'm blank.
I strive
and I sink.
I lean
and I rest.
I think
that's the test.
I go
where He's blessed.


No comments: