Thursday, November 06, 2003

a year later

I found this note in a Bible I use for traveling because of its compact size. I stayed with my mother-in-law for a week while my father-in-law was in a hospital kind of facility for the analysis and evaluation of his dementia and poor circulation.

Nov. 6, 2002

Oh, Kevvie, what would we do if we were the ones in the position of your mom and dad? If you were this sick, my tears would always be on the ready too, just like your mom's are. Would I be as strong and thoughtful of others? Sometimes the intense closeness of the Holy Spirit makes me more aware of others, and I am grateful.

If I was the sick one, would you wither from worry and loneliness...? Would God impart mightily His peace--desperate grace for desperate need? Might you read to me from your Bible, sing to me (I'm sure not, but know that I would love it!), stroke my hair, look me square in the face so I could see your beautiful green eyes that have launched me into Peace so many times before...?

Kevvie, we are BLESSED. May we know it and be truly grateful. More the challenge for me than you, as I've always felt how you treasure me and want for my lifting up. Lord grant you mercy to know the same marvel of being my answer to prayer.

No comments: