Friday, December 28, 2012

Velvet Sounds Royal For a Reason

I finally made the Christmas present that Jewelee gave me last year. The only reason I can think of as to why it took me so long is that I kept it in the pantry. Out of sight, out of mind. Too bad for me because it was deluxe!

It was just Jylle and me, and when I spotted it in the cupboard and asked if it was something she was interested in and she said yes, game over. Boxed (i.e. easy) red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting that you bake in the microwave, cool, and then frost. Eeeyummy. And I have two bonus, cool, little white mugs into the bargain. Pleasant Christmastime indeed.





Wish I had several more boxes of this particular present. Or maybe I should be glad I don't. It was easy, fun, and delish, especially with a loved someone alongside.

Thanks, Jewel. The gift and the memory are things I'll savor for a really long time.

No comments: