Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I don't want to!

Kev called to tell me Denise Smith would love to have me at tennis camp to hit balls back & forth to the kids (probably esp to Jlle). I already knew that and told her at the time that maybe if they got some shade I would... Kind of light-heartedly, but I meant it sincerely. "So you don't have any interest in learning?" Here we go again. "No, I don't. I'm not interested." Sigh. I hear the disappointment. "Okay. I'll just come back and pick her up. Bye." "Bye."

I don't like the heat. My body doesn't handle it well. I feel like the effects of the sun are magnified (pardon the pun) in my body. My face feels like it's swelling and beating like a big red heart instead. I’m not just another sweaty face. My insides feel like a rolling boil is on the way. I had two babies with no anesthesia. I'm not a baby when it comes to pain. There's just something about the sun and the summer heat that seems to affect me way more adversely than normal people. I feel like he doesn't believe that, that he probably thinks I should gut it out and I'll be fine. I resent not being believed. I know what's true for me, and I wish he cared enough to just let the decision stay with me. I hate being coerced.

No comments: