Wednesday, November 21, 2007

what I like

  • having my family home and I'm in the kitchen baking
  • getting to stay in on a stupidly cold day
  • Ya-Ya time
  • drop-in friends who take me out to dinner
  • savoring a warm book
  • how my dogs love me no matter what
  • Grace
  • the color of my cat's eyes
  • when my family likes what I made
  • a bargain wardrobe
  • salmon-colored roses
  • milk chocolate when it's bendy but not melting
  • a full yellow jacket trap
  • thinking of better days for Jewelee
  • imagining Jamara having a good day
  • justice
  • but I like mercy more
  • my daughter's auburn hair
  • an honest answer
  • Napoleons
  • novel arrangement of words
  • buffet pants
  • when Kathy is content and appreciated
  • father-bride dances
  • seeing something familiar in a new light
  • baby belly laughs
  • the smell of rain on a hot sidewalk
  • knowing I encouraged someone
  • one wrinkled hand in wrinkled hand
  • real butter
  • gel pens
  • clear pictures of my kids' faces
  • Jylle's exuberance
  • quiet kindness
  • campfires
  • Jewelee's sense of humor
  • Glenice's heart
  • Rosie-isms
  • Tina's face when she's thinking out loud and planning something fun
  • lovin' on Chelsea
  • Cheryl's excitement
  • Kim's love for me
  • the color of Jeannie's eyes
  • good manners
  • the first heavy snowfall
  • the first warm spring day
  • croissants
  • vibrant color
  • shiny things--even fishing lures keep me busy
  • pumpkin pie with Breyer's vanilla ice cream for breakfast
  • getting a card with a picture in it and something handwritten
  • Brett's one-liners
  • homemade soap
  • being able to give spontaneously
  • Josiah
  • Stephanie's singing
  • the smell of cut grass
  • getting facebook & myspace messages
  • magenta
  • my mom's laugh
  • kidding with my dad
  • seeing Alan's joyfulness
  • knowing Jeny's such a beautiful person
  • French silk pie
  • seeing my kids run
  • capturing a good picture
  • loping on my horse
  • saying "fluffles"
  • mandarin oranges, sweet watermelon, and crisp grapes
  • Ryrie's "dumb" voice
  • handmade quilts
  • when I hear Your voice and really listen
  • family movie night
  • watching one of her brothers patiently teach Jylle something
  • Annie's blog
  • mexi-fries
  • intimate moments
  • sunrise in my back yard
  • sunset in my front yard
  • watching my kids tube
  • watching my Kevin water ski
  • chenille gloves
  • See's chocolate-chocolate butter creams
  • my front porch swing
  • Shasta daisy plants
  • happy endings
  • Kev's excitement about deer & elk
  • when my kids do stuff without being told
  • unexpected kindness
  • helpful neighbors
  • clean comedy
  • the word "sugarplum"
  • steelies (maybe I should include this in shiny things...)
  • making someone laugh
  • nice comments

No comments: