Friday, August 06, 2004

Rain Down

When it rains, it pours.

This little anecdote hit home this morning as I was coming back from my morning walk. I wanted something personal from Him. I can go weeks without something intimately personal from Him, but then I find myself asking for something. Something for just Me, so I know He still cares in Hs large way. I was praying, interceding for the people He brought to mind, and then it started sprinkling. I kept praying, and then the sprinkles turned to rain.

Suddenly, WORSHIP radiated from my soul in all directions! The rain came down, and I bid it on. Rain down on me! Pour out Your Spirit on me! I am Yours. A hymn sang itself into my mind, “All to Jesus I surrender, all to Thee I freely give...” My little victory last night over the little fox that’s been spoiling my vineyard gave further boost to the lyrics. “Rain down on me” is the song that burst out next. “Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me...” Potter, You mold me and shape me as You deem best. Grant me the courage to obey you, like I did last night. Thank You for this cold that helped me forge that decision. Help me not lose sight of the process being the goal.

Problems rain. Problems pour.

But Jesus reigns. And the Spirit pours.

No comments: